Gert Demminkis partner at Philip Sidney, a niche risk and reputation consultancy firm active in global trade compliance. Philip Sidney’s market include: Banking, Factoring & Financial Services, Payments Services, Aerospace & Defense, Aviation, Oil&Gas/Offshore, and (Re-)insurance.
From 1998 to October 2006, Gert headed the Centre of Excellence for Integrity (all financial-economic crime related matters) at the Dutch Central Bank. Before that, Gert set up the Finance Intelligence Unit (FIU) for the Netherlands Antilles.
Gert’s ancillary activities include:
- Deputy Judge in the Criminal Courts in Amsterdam, Haarlem, Schiphol and Maastricht. Often presiding, as the case may be;
- Chair of the Expert Group for Export Licenses for the Netherlands Industry for Defense and Security (“NIDV”);
- Representative of NIDV in the European Association of Defense Industries (“ASD”) ‘s Export Control Committee and Business Ethics Committee;
- Chair, Compliance Chamber of the Institute for Financial Crime in the Hague Security Delta;
- Member of the FCI Compliance Committee;